Reporting to CEO
Salary : 4000 USD to 6000 USD , Accommodation + Food+ Transport
Contact : lionsahoogmail.com / 0091-9176666693 Whatsapp
Master degree in Islamic Studies.
Minimum 10 year of experience in Islamic Banking.
Ability of analysing and solving problems.
Good communication skill both oral and written English.
Team player and ability to work under stress
Control of Islamic Banking Department;
The incumbent shall be required to exercise utmost control over the Department and its daily activities. The controls to be implemented directly or through Deputy Chief Islamic Banking Officer as per the discretion of the Job Holder. The performances of the staff working in the Department is to be constantly monitored through reporting system in place and changes in the staff to be considered and implemented as and when it becomes necessary.
2. Manual/Procedures/Check Lists:
The Job Holder is required to ensure that all the Manuals related to Islamic Banking and other procedures/check lists are in place and are being followed by the staff properly and effectively. He has also to ensure that the Manual/procedures/check lists for Islamic Banking are being updated from time to time and that such changes are circulated among the staff. He has to guide newly hired staff about bank procedures and point out errors and deviations if any to the staff so as to enhance their skills. Also necessary training to be imparted to the staff from time to time.
3. Shariah Advisor/Shariah Committee:
The Job Holder is to ensure that the services of a qualified Shariah Advisor are always available for guidance in the matters related to Shariah compliant Islamic banking. Similarly, he has to ensure that a Shariah Committee is appointed and constituted for guidance of the bank in Shariah Compliant matters.
4. DABs Regulations & Parameters:
The Job holder is suppose to keep close contact and liaison with the Islamic Department or Shariah Board of the Central bank for issuance of any rules, regulation and parameters with regards to Islamic Banking and shall ensure that such rules/regulations are implemented in the Bank.
5. Other Related Responsibilities:
The Job Holder is to attend to following responsibilities:
Preparation of the products to be offered by the bank under Islamic Banking whether on Asset side or Liability Side and ensuring that these are compliant with Sharaih and are approved by Shariah Committee of the bank and the relevant regularity authority set up for this purpose by DAB or The Government.
1. Extending help and guidance to Media Department in preparation of Brochures and Advertisement material for Islamic banking.
2. Preparation of formats, documents and related material for Islamic Banking.
3. Adding of his comments/recommendation on all the Lending Proposals being considered by the Bank and ensuring that these fall within the scope of Islamic Banking and are Shariah Compliant.
5. Ensuring that Profit payable to the investors and depositors by the bank under Islamic banking are within the scope of Islamic banking and are Shariah Compliant and that the procedure adopted for this purpose by the bank remains compliant to the rules and regulations issued by Central bank or any other relevant regulatory authority set up for this purpose by the government.
6. Ensuring that Profit recoverable from the Borrowers on the Lending products under the Islamic banking are within the scope of Shariah Compliant banking and that the procedure adopted for this purpose by the bank remains compliant to the rules and regulations issued by Central Bank or any other relevant regulatory authority set up for this purpose by the government.
7. Ensuring that contacts are made on regular basis with Bank's appointed Shariah Committee (ShuraUlema), Central Bank and any other regulatory authority set up by the Government for this purpose for guidance and obtaining their consents where required.
8. Heads various Islamic Banking related committees like Charity Committee etc and makes decisions in the light of Shariah Compliant rules and regulations.
9. Offering explanations about Shariah based banking and the products the bank offers under it to the clients, panel of Ulema or Central Bank/regulatory authority where required.
10. To issue Fiqah based written statements about Islamic banking based on verdicts from Shariah Committee of the Bank where required.
11. Offering advices to the Bank in the light of Shariah regarding Treatment of Penalties on Shariah compliant lending products.
12. Offering advices to the bank in the light of Shariah regarding transfers to be made to Charity Fund A/c and its subsequent utilization.
13. Offering advices to the bank on Treatment of profit and Loss under Islamic Banking.
14. Offering advices to the bank on the Accounting Procedures and IT related support for the Islamic banking.
15. Offering advices where ever the Management of the bank requires on Islamic banking.
16. Helps and guides CTO to ensure that IT support in smoothing out procedures for Islamic banking is available and IT related problems in the system are taken care of.
6. Control on vouchers/ entries:
He ensures that a proper system, limits and procedures are in place and is being followed for passing entries/vouchers whether system raised or otherwise and that record of vouchers is maintained by the Islamic Area properly where required.
7. Job Descriptions & staff Appraisals:
He ensures that proper Job description is written and given to each employee working under Islamic Banking department with the help of Manager HRD and these are updated from time to time. He also ensures that periodical appraisals/evaluations are done for every employee working under him and submitted to HR.
8. Staffing Requirements;
To keep monitoring the requirement of staff in his department and remaining constantly in touch with HR for hiring of additional staff well in advance and also catering to the training requirements of the staff. Also ensures that proper back ups are available for all the key staff.
9. Compliance with AML, KYC & Audit;
To ensure that Accounts are opened by the Bank in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Bank and AML/KYC. Also ensures that the Audit recommendations by the Internal Audit or DAB or the External Audit are followed in letter and spirit.
To ensure that the required reporting by the Islamic Banking Side to HO or DAB is done timely and accurately and that all the required Returns are submitted to Finance Department of the Bank accordingly. Also ensures that the periodical account statements are sent out to the clients timely and accurately.
11. Customer Service:
To ensure that best possible service standards are maintained in all the Areas of Islamic Banking of the Bank and complaints lodged by the clients if any are attended and grievances addressed in best possible manner.
12. Opening of New Branches:
To ensure that while opening new branches the window of Islamic Banking is established properly and all the Account Opening Documents and related marketing brochures/material etc. is made available. Also to ensure that planned marketing about Islamic Banking is done prior to opening of the Branch in the vicinity of the Branch to enhance general awareness about the Islamic Banking.
13. Issuance of Circulars:
Ensures that circulars are issued on all important matters to staff from time to time to keep them fully informed. Also issuing & circulating procedural methods to keep on refreshing the memories of staff on important functions of the Islamic Banking side of the Bank.
To attend to any other matter that may not have been mentioned in this document but is otherwise required to be attended to by the job holder. Besides, the Job Holder is to attend to any Bank related assignment given by CEO, Board of Supervisors or General Meeting of Share Holders
You may be interested in these jobs