2. Facilitates effective patient flow utilizing bed capacity and staffing resources appropriately
3. Monitors and reviews staff skill mix and in accordance with patient acuity uses available information to align staffing and workload.
4. Promotes continuity of care that is patient centered, outcome oriented and focused towards discharge planning.
5. Ensures that quality standards of nursing documentation are maintained according to organizational policy.
6. Liaises effectively with other health care providers both internal and external to the organization.
7. Responsible for the maintenance of professional standards and practices within assigned area of st.Michael's hospital.
8. Provides leadership in critical thinking, conflict management and problem solving.
9. Provides leadership in support evidence-based practice, quality initiatives and promotion of healthy workplace environment.
10. Facilitates a positive working environment across the organization.
11. Review and analyze daily use of consumables used in patient services in relation to efficiency of spending and make recommendations to the nursing supervisor for each financial year.
12. Uses information technology to access, transmit and produce information as necessary.
13. Communicates with all unit(s)/departments as appropriate, to maximize efficiency and to expedite the admission, transfer and discharge process.
14. Facilitates effective communication between the patient, family and organization information in accordance with the confidentiality policy.
15. Monitors and evaluates the quality of nursing care provided.
16. Actively participates in accreditation activities.
17. Monitors and supports the organizations Key Performance Indicators and Clinical Indicators and reinforces corrective action to improve clinical service.
18. Responsible for minimizing exposure to incidents of infection/cross infection of patients, staff, visitors and the general public. Ensure staff adheres to the infection control policies and procedures of st.Michael's hospital.
19. Support the staff to provide a suitable environment for patient and family learning.
20. Is a clinical/administrative resource.
21. Attend nursing management meetings as required in the absence of nursing supervisor in order to ensure effective communication and collaboration regarding all services of st.Michael's hospital.
22. Develop operational reports of all NICU/SCBU activities, quality and infection control activities and statistics to be presented to nursing supervisor.
23. Attend training to assure evidence based best practices in delivering of patient care.
24. Contribute positively to own professional development and maintain portfolio of achievements.
25. Reports complaints, incidents and other events appropriately in order to encourage a culture of safety in st.Michael's hospital .
Achieves guest satisfaction and room revenue goals by supervising the Front Office operation
Ensures that Front Office is staffed according to need by utilizing business forecasts to schedule employees
Oversees and participates in the prompt and courteous check-in and check-out of guests
Addresses questions or problems pertaining to customer room accommodations and rates
Aids in planning for meetings and special events by meeting with individual customers and convention representatives, and supporting the Director of Sales function at the hotel when he/she not there
Controls open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms
Keeps effective key control and participates in matters relating to customer room security
Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly by overseeing mail and message delivery functions
Controls room rates, and implements approved rate changes in line with Revenue Manager Guidelines.
Monitors advance deposit and credit procedures
Responds orally to positive and negative comments expressed in comments from guests, and in comment cards, and develops strategies to improve
Brings major needs for repair to the attention of the Assistant front office Manager
Checks the arrival list, and VIP list and informs appropriate individuals on returning guests, VIPās and special guests
Blocks rooms for VIPās and special guests
Is proficient in all Front Office procedures to be a resource when needed
Challenges Front Office staff to utilize yield management, occupancy and average room rate to maximize room revenue
Controls and analyses departmental costs on an ongoing basis; takes action to control negative deviation
Monitors Front Office activities regarding discounts, billing instructions, and compliance with hotel credit policies
Analyses the rate variance report to ensure proper room rate and revenue control
Analyses credit check report daily for possible doubtful accounts
You may be interested in these jobs