This position is responsible for documentation control, complying with controls and maintaining records and related files. Releases blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments as needed.
II. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Examines documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
· Confers with document originators or engineering personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents.
· Posts changes to computerized or manual control records, release documents and notify affected departments.
· Maintains control of Company ITAR documentation.
· Maintains control of Quality Management System Documentation.
· Maintains related files. Prepares requests for reproduction of documents.
· Prepares reports and memorandum as required for department.
· Compose and type routine correspondence.
· Copy records as needed.
· Assist department with projects as needed.
Monitors DCR requests in APEX.
Coordinates the EO sign-off process.
Maintains correct revision of documents in electronic file directories.
III. Skills and/or Experience Needed:
· Prior experience in clerical capacity in an engineering/office environment, procession documentation, data entry.
· Computer literate: MS Office Word, Excel, Access, and Visio.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Must communicate effectively, both written and verbal, to employees at all levels and with outside vendors and customers.
· Able to read and interpret documents such as blueprints and drawings.
· Must have excellent grammar and spelling skills, able to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions.
· Must be able to understand departmental documentation and be able to process accurately.
IV. Additional Skills and Experience preferred (Not Required):
· Knowledge of Document Control software, document archival systems.
· Associates degree (AA) from two-year college or business school, or equivalent experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
V. Physical Demands:
· This position uses a computer terminal to access, input and retrieve data. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer.
· May occasionally be required to work extended or irregular hours.
· May occasionally lift and/or move files and/or boxes up to 30pounds.
· The noise level is usually moderate, but occasionally may become loud.
· While performing duties of this position, employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, reach, and/or bend.
· Must be able to work in an environment that may be subject to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials and chemicals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
You may be interested in these jobs