• Overseeing the coordination of construction works and ensuring that they are in accordance with priorities and plans.
• Producing schedules and monitoring the attendance of crew
• Inspecting construction sites frequently and ensuring that manpower and resources are adequate.
• Supervising the use of machinery and equipment
• Tracking expenditure and ensuring that it stays within budget.
• Identifying and resolving problems that may arise during construction processes.
• Guaranteeing and implementing safety precautions while also ensuring that quality standards
• Profound knowledge of the construction industry which enables a civil foreman to be comfortable with the utilization of construction tools; the ability to read blueprints, and the mastery of safety and governmental rules.
• Excellent leadership skills, since a team of workers, contractors, and subcontractors look to the civil foreman for guidance.
• Physical fitness and stamina, since the job of a civil foreman requires him to spend a lot of time on his feet moving around the construction site and carrying items when required.