2) Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
3) Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
4) Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.
5) Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
6) Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
7) Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
8) Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.