• Evaluates purchase requisitions and issues inquiry for quotations after confirming the requirement with the respective Department Heads.
• Analyzes the product quality and price after getting quotations, processes purchase orders and faxes to vendors.
• Maintains files and records of current and potential suppliers, materials, process, delivery dates and inventories.
• Prepares replies to various inquiries using standardized formats, and provides information and status of orders/deliveries.
• Reviews and approves claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment.
• Expedites any and all purchasing operations that may delay the scheduled work orders.
• Examines reference books and catalogs to find products which meet departmental specifications.
• Maintains purchase order and invoice files and related purchasing records.
• Maintains the record of verified shipments of goods and dates actually received.
• Meets vendors sales representatives, secures bids and quotes, selects supplies/equipment and places orders
Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role
Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
Understanding of supply chain procedures
Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
If you are interested pls send your CVs
You may be interested in these jobs