Event managers plan and organize promotional, business and social events. He/she is responsible for running a range of events, ensuring the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed properly.
You'll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of a team.
- liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements
- produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire
- manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics such as venue, catering, logistics)
- manage all pre-event planning, organizing guest speakers and delegates
- coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and complied according to allocated budget
- manage a team of staff, giving full briefings
- make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently
- produce post-event evaluation, feedbacks and future improvements
- research opportunities for new clients and events.
- organizational skills and attention to detail
- communication and interpersonal skills
- negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors
- time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event
- project management experience
- problem-solving skills and diplomacy
- sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship
- the ability to manage budgets
- a flexible, target-driven, proactive approach
- administrative and IT skills
- self-motivation and enthusiasm.
You may be interested in these jobs