With over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world, InterContinental® Hotels Group (IHG) is thoughtfully designed for groups or individuals, as well as families or leisure travellers; the beachfront resort seamlessly combines elegance with local heartfelt charm. At InterContinental® Hotels Group (IHG), our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title. We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it is created by our people and founded upon strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers. We love the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. InterContinental offers many shopping and dining options, with further diversions of golf, elephant treks and the Royal Summer Palace. At InterContinental, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself....
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is looking for a Tenacious and Shrewd Purchasing and Procurement Manager to join our multinational elite team. Under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Business Support, you will be responsible for managing and controlling purchasing systems and procedures to continually improve the supply chain process, ensuring cost effective contracting of products and services, and promoting compliance internally with established standards. The major role of this post is for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The Purchasing Manager acts as a liaison between individuals in the hotel and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods and services required to achieve the objectives of each department. Your forte is translating operating forecasts into material requirements plans and thereby determining standard stock and re-orders levels with Department Heads and Management. We are in search of an individual who is not afraid to challenge the norm, tackle challenges head on from different angles and who aspires to be part of an elite, dynamic and eclectic team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in related field, with a track record of market knowledge and reliable connections. At IHG, we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. Our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels brand, you’re more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels Group, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. Because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Interested applicants should forward their recent CV and cover letter through InterContinental's career email or apply button displayed above.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly supervise the Purchasing/Receiving staff through delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
• Attend all Food and Beverage and related meetings such as menu engineering, weekly forecast, BEO meetings and Financial Services.
• Maintain close communications with Chef and Catering Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus against Par Inventories in determining necessary requirements for outlets and banquet functions.
• Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving and storage standards, EOM reconciliation of Food and Beverage inventories, EOM Accounts Payable closing.
• Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities used.
• Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new associate job performance to determine what specific training is required to achieve desired results.
• Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid procedures.
• Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and consistent quality according to established specifications.
• Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order requirements.
• Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways to improve present operation.
• Manage weekly bid process to ensure the best prices are being obtained on frequently purchased items.
• Coordinate weekly wine, liquor and beer purchases, ensuring compliance with state liquor laws. Establish and maintain requisition procedures for alcoholic beverages that guarantee maximum control over inventories.
• Work daily with Accounts Payable to ensure Birch Street is accurate and up-to-date.