Regional leader in the design-build construction of industrial and commercial facilities across the region. The company has built its reputation on the ability to offer design-build solutions for extremely fast-track projects.
· Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance of Photovoltaic (PV) inverters, string boxes, solar panels, and other components related to the Solar PV System.
· Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance of electrical switchgear related to solar, such as Electrical DBs (MDB, SMDB, etc.), Breakers (ACCB, MCB, MCCB, ELCB, etc.), etc.
· Assist in the commissioning of the solar array and monitoring systems during project installation when needed.
· Ensure that PV systems are set up correctly
· Perform commissioning of inverters and inspection of solar panels
· Respond to corrective maintenance cases on PV inverters, string boxes, and solar panels. This includes troubleshooting, testing, and repairing activities
· Verification of Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
· Perform voltage testing using appropriate PPE and procedures
· Prepare reports to comply with deliverables in O&M contracts
· Help in all areas of preventative and corrective maintenance as directed by the manager with minimal supervision
· Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies, and procedures
· Identifies problems and develops corrective action plans
· Visits project sites as assigned to perform all aspects of on-site operations & maintenance and breakdown maintenance activities, modifications as required
· Work directly with client personnel and, as directed, third-party vendors to support project component (inverters, balance of plant equipment) installation, commissioning, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
· Participate in electric, mechanical and software component inspections, testing, repair, and troubleshooting.
· Troubleshoot and perform equipment maintenance.
· Responds to emergency call outs
· Ensure that all operations and maintenance activities performed at project sites complies with OEM (original equipment manufacturer) requirements and warranties
· Ensures that all the O&M activities are carried out as per the schedule.
· Responsible for generating Production/MIS reports, log reports etc.
· Responsible for generating schedules of PM activities and mobilize the manpower accordingly across the fleet of solar plants.
· Plans weekly and monthly activities and arranges with foremen (Electrical) and engineers (Electrical) for manpower, equipment and material required to execute the works.
· Controls and enhances the productivity of the assigned workforce along with the quality of workmanship.
· Adheres to safety practices as interpreted by the engineers and is able to train and educate the workforce with such practices.
· Attention to details: Accomplishes thoroughly a task through concern for all the areas involved. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organize time and resources efficiently.
· Assists engineers (Electrical) in the technical evaluation of workforce and foremen (Electrical) at site.
The position is on-site based, the candidate should have a car and be able to move between projects sites on a daily basis.