Salford Marine Construction & Engineering Company (SMCEC) was founded in 1986 and quickly established a reputation in the piling field for expansive expertise and the use of modern technology to achieve results. Whilst piling remains a core part of the business, the acquisition of Edmond Civil & Marine Ltd in 1999 has assisted the company's controlled expansion and diversification into the field of marine civil engineering and specialist marine piling. Headquartered on the South coast, SMCEC undertake contracts across the UK with our River Thames Wharf providing an ideal base from which to mobilise and co-ordinate marine construction works along the River Thames....
• Define scope of projects in collaboration with senior management, and develop project charters.
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
• Day-to-day management and monitoring of project plans, including challenging designers and vendors on technical issues.
• Prepare and validate project progress reports.
• Ensure completion of milestone activities as per the project approved schedule.
• Track and raise and escalate relevant issues and risks.
• Provide detailed cash flow plans for the projects and prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries.
• Participate in any RFP creation and tender evaluation process.
• Monitor all Project related activities to ensure compliance with the organization's policies, procedures and processes.
• Monitor project progress and critical milestones as per the project schedule and update the management on a regular basis.
• Escalate time and cost overruns to the senior Management and recommend suitable remedial action.
• Attend Project related meetings with consultants/contractor as and when required, and issue minutes of meetings where required.
• Help approve work completion certificates and project payment certificates based on reviews submitted by consultants/contractor.
• Manage all documentation relating to preparation, finalization, amendments, management and administration of contracts.
Desired skills & Experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a Project Manager in a related field.
• Understanding of construction terminology, scheduling and planning concepts and administrative skills is a bonus.
• You should possess excellent management, communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Command of common office productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft office suite, etc)
Qualifications:- The successful candidate will hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, along with Project Management certification, and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in delivering projects.
You may be interested in these jobs