HOSPITAL PORTER Job Vacancy in Africa
Apply via call or WhatsApp Mr Molefe 0612584100™]
Candidate Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assists and transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher, patient vehicle to and from various destinations within hospital e.g wards, treatment areas, operating Theatre
• Porters’ patients requiring assistance on discharge from nursing unit or treatment area to hospital exit/vehicle.
• Sorting and delivering incoming and outgoing mail.
• Collecting and delivering prescription charts, credits and medication between Pharmacy/Wards/Theatre
• Moving furniture, stores and medical equipment safely.
• Transferring files, specimen samples and pharmacy boxes to different areas in the hospital.
• Movement of cylinders of gas within the hospital.
• Giving directions to customers re wards, depts., dr’s rooms etc.
• Performing general administrative and other related duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Matric or equivalent
• Physically fit, possess physical strength for heavy boxes, drive and energy
• Experience in working in customer service/dealing with customers
• Experience in working in healthcare will be an advantage
• Able to work in a team
• Responsible, meticulous and efficient.
• Good time management with the ability to work under pressure, independently and in a team.
• Ability to work shifts on a rotational basis.
• Attention to detail
• Engaging diversity
• Professional and technical proficiency
• Excellence orientation
• Building relationships
• Customer responsiveness
• Organisational awareness
• Action orientation.
Minimum education level: Grade 9 /N1